Testing Leaky Paywall on a live site
It's easy to test Leaky Paywall on a live site.
- Set up all your restrictions and subscription plans
- Under the Subscriptions tab set the meter to 999 to offer essentially unlimited access (see screenshot 1)
- Find a low traffic article and use the Visibility setting on the edit screen to lock down that article so it's available only to a specific plan(s) (see screenshot 2)
- Log out and visit that article directly and it will trigger the subscription nag.
- Test the transaction and check your welcome email
- If everything looks good and is working smoothly then take the paywall live by editing the meter to the number of free articles you wish to allow